Sunday, May 01, 2005

If there was a better way to go then it would find me.

I'm sure that if you're reading this blog, you know me. And you know my feelings on the unreleased Fiona Apple CD Extraordinary Machine. Simply put, it's amazing. My favorite CD in the entire world is her second CD When the Pawn..., so i've been waiting quite impatiently for the follow-up. It's been six years, people!

September 1999: When the Pawn... is released. I listen to it non-stop.

June 2003: I see a little notice in Sam Goody that Fiona Apple's third CD will be released later that summer. It's not.

July 2004: The title track is leaked on the internet. Blood Ray likes to describe it as "Rosemary Clooney on acid." I don't know who that is. Wasn't she in a paper towel commercial?

August 2004: "A Better Version of Me" is available for download. No one knows where these songs are coming from.

January 2005: "Get Him Back," "Not About Love," and "Used to Love Him" are leaked. A few weeks later, every song from the album is on the internet.

Seriously, if anyone wants a copy, let me know. I'd be happy to burn one for you. I gave one to the bartender at AMP and i got a free beer! So i guess that's the deal. I'll burn you a copy if you give me a beer. I like Budweiser.


Now I'm just waiting to read some reviews of the album. I open each new Rolling Stone, Spin, Blender, etc. in hopes of finding a write-up. Nothing. I did read something in the RFT this week, and they loved it! They hate everything! (I won't even mention what they said about my beloved Rilo Kiley).

Speaking of, I'm a little peeved after finding out that LCD Soundsystem and M.I.A. are playing the Metro THE DAY AFTER I LEAVE CHICAGO!

Damn the luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home