Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Curse you, Valerie, for making me download Julie Brown's "Girl Fight Tonight!" It's a horrible song, and worse yet, it's stuck in my head on an endless loop. I mean, was it a funny song in the 80's?? I suppose we could always ask Blood Ray, who admitted to owning the entire CD last week!!

And curse you, Fluxblog, for turning me on to the song "Konichiwa Bitches" by Robyn. Everyone remembers Robyn, right? "Show Me Love" Robyn? Blonde?

Yeah, so apparently she never stopped making CDs in her native country (which is either Sweden or Switzerland or wherever the fuck she's from), and the newest album features a rap song, which is REALLY really catchy.

The lyrics are goofy. Like, "I'm so very hot that when I rob your mansion, you ain't call the cops you call the fire station," which doesn't even really rhyme. And don't get me started on the sound effects.

It's the song I'm most embarrassed about liking, and i like a LOT of embarrassing shit.

Like:

Ashlee Simpson - "Autobiography"
Britney Spears - "Do Something"
Shania Twain - "No One Needs to Know" (fitting title, right?)
Vanessa Carlton - "White Houses"

It's good to get all this shit out in the open. You know what else? I really enjoy watching America's Funniest Home Videos. Is that really cause for embarrassment?

It's not like I watch Hee Haw or The Lawrence Welk Show (which, coincidentally, I used to watch when I was a kid. But my sister and I would mute the television and play, like, Nirvana or Salt-N-Pepa and pretend that the bands onscreen were performing "Lithium" or "Shoop" or whatever. You have to remember that we lived in Ste. Genevieve).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

We used to play music over "the Lou Hobbs Show", remember that?

Please don't be ashamed for your love of AFV. I watch it. Mark watches it. Hell, its been on for almost 20 years, people must watch it.

I still haven't listed to the Julie Brown songs yet. I need to.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I...um....had that album too. "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" was certainly the most memorable song, but "I Like Them Big and Stupid" surfaces every now and again as well.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe you're actually embarrased about liking those songs. You just admitted to it, and I bet you smiled while typing them, thinking about your secret little dances you have for each one.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Don't think I don't know who Minkowich is.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home