Wednesday, June 01, 2005

How am I not myself?

While searching for a new table for my phone, I happened upon a book that I didn't even know existed.

Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton!

I bought it for 2 dollars. Besides, both Blood Ray and my boss think i need to read more books. One of these people even went so far as to say that I'm "what's wrong with America," like i'm unemployed and collecting welfare or something.

So I watch a lot of television (and never PBS or Discovery Channel, etc.), is that so wrong?

Anyway, i also bought a few DVDs at Hollywood Video -- Garden State, I Heart Huckabee's, and Elf.

I picked Elf over Dodgeball because Elf has Amy Sedaris in it. Sure, Dodgeball has Jason Bateman, but our relationship has changed a bit since I found out he was married to a woman. I just can't catch a break.

P.S. I haven't seen either of those films, but the sale was 3 for $25, and I was not about to buy Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, not after what it did to me and Blood Ray.

Ooh, right here in the Foreword, Dolly admits that she LOVES reading! Well if Dolly Parton loves to read.....Forget that both my best friend and my mentor have encouraged me to pick up a book or two, if some Backwoods Hillbilly-turned-Country Superstar with a penchant for reconstructive facial surgery champions reading....

On the next page, she says, "I know you'll go straight to the gossip parts first (I would, too)."

Oh my god, Dolly and I have SO much in common!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

I'm thinking of a late summer weekend trip. We should go to Dollywood!!!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blood Ray, that made me giggle. She should also put "You can this book and other readin' stuff in the lieberry".

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home