Tuesday, June 28, 2005

No, really....what's it all about, Alfie?


Having just finished watching Alfie at Miranda's house (we had to break in her new big fancy television), I have to say...yes, Jude Law is amazingly hot. But he really doesn't do much for me in the movies I've seen him in. I mean, he was upstaged in I Heart Huckabee's by Mark Freaking Wahlberg. Hell, he was upstaged by that stupid bonnet Naomi Watts kept wearing towards the end of the film, for god's sake.

I was honestly confused about which past-her-prime actress Alfie was supposed to end up with: Jane Krakowski? Susan Sarandon? Marisa Tomei? Nia Long?

And on a completely different note: does anyone know what a hollaback girl is? All I know is that Gwen Stefani claims not to be one. It's fun to hear on the radio, though. And I'm still surprised that they play it on 101.1 The River. It's crazy to hear it played right after a song by Creed or Staind. That, my friends, is truly bananas. B-a-n-a-n-a-s.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm told that a holla-back girl is a girl that some dude will flirt with at the beginning of the evening, and try to come back to after all the other chicks he tries to get with turn him down.

Or something.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

oh wow, that makes sense. Thanks!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home