Sunday, July 10, 2005

i'm not giving this one a title, alright?


Everyone should listen to 89.1 The Wood. They played Rilo Kiley's "Portions for Foxes" the other night. They also played Fiona Apple, Ani DiFranco, and my favorite Rufus Wainwright song of all time (which is not "Rebel Prince," as one or two of you may believe, but actually "One Man Guy").

The reception isn't always the best, and I swear I heard a song about Jesus the other morning, but they don't have commercials or annoying DJs.

Here's something else I love: Netflix. I just signed up today. Now I know I'm a little late with this (some of us have already joined and quit the 'Flix), but they sent me a little postcard telling me that if I sign up for a year, I'll get a FREE iPod Shuffle! And who could resist that?

I've got quite a few movies on the queue already, but I'm open to any suggestions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wood!!!!
What a fucking coincidence. I called you and of course, you weren't there. Anyways, we made it home intact and I caught that station on the way home. Heard "Portion for Foxes" and "brick" by Ben Folds Five. Tried calling to tell you this. You are so in the know aren't you?
Please go see "March of the Penguins" with me and Mark.

I love you my brother, even if you are an ipod hog.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Do you still have that postcard? I'd love to see a scan of it.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home