Friday, July 22, 2005

New on the iPod:

Natasha Bedingfield - "These Words"


At the beginning of this summer, Miranda and I were hanging out at my place with the Brit Awards in the background. Someone named Natasha Bedingfield kept popping up in various lists of nominees. Miranda said, "She seems like someone you would like," probably because she seemed like a kind of Kylie Jr.

And she was right. Such a cute song and video. Dancing boomboxes! I love it. Best 99 cents I've spent in a long time.


"Never Win" - Fischerspooner

I'm pretty sure that the only reason I bought this song was because of the cute guy in the video (who isn't even really that cute to begin with), because whenever I listen to this song on the iPod, I find myself checking how long it is until the next song comes on. Fun song to wash dishes to, though.


"Shut Up, Bitch" - Lil' Kim

Releasing a single that's basically a giant "Fuck You" to everyone in the media probably wasn't the best move for Lil' Kim. But that's what makes her special. Best rhyme:

"Star Jones don't like me/ She cheap and I like the best/ Damn, it must feel good to Pay Less"



"Don't Let It Go To Your Head" - Fefe Dobson

Another Miranda-approved artist. How is Fefe not a superstar yet? She's young, pretty, got a good voice. She's done, like, a hundred different ads for various clothing brands and hair products (including that weird Pantene Pro-Voice women only concert dealie-thing, know what i'm talking about?)
Maybe she'll breakthrough with this single.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

She's got to be the least famous performer ever to score a Got Milk? ad.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home