Monday, July 04, 2005

Putting sparklers on a birthday cake actually seemed like a good idea at the time.


Hope everyone is having a nice, long weekend. Between Fern's party Friday night, Saturday in Ste. Genevieve, and yesterday's shopping spree and game night, I feel as though this weekend is never-ending.

Here are some pics.

bradley and nicole 2 group

Clipgirl and Blood Ray enjoy fruity martinis at Fern's BBQ; the gang


liquorhappy cat

Fruit-infused vodka (the root of all evil); Steve and Jack


friendsDSCI0069

Me and Miranda (i'm not sure why her hand is there); Baby Gabriel is the
one splashing around. Dylan's holding the beach ball. Those boys
HATE wearing clothes, apparently. Baby Gabriel (or Babriel) is my
godson, while Dylan is the spitting image of me at age 2.


DSCI0044DSCI0065

My sister-in-law, Kim, holding Dylan; Babriel needs a haircut, right?

DSCI0076

At least the kids were excited about the sparklers.
This picture was taken about 10 seconds before
the styrofoam plates caught on fire and the house
filled with smoke. My sis is probably still having
nightmares about it. Love ya, Val!




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fire bad. I just have a horrible fear of fires. I never thought that was a brilliant idea from the get go, but hey thats me. :)
Working in a hospital has made me fearful for a lot of things, thats why being around the kids I'm super protective. I've seen some pretty gnarly things. Gnarly as in gruesome, not like radical or tubular, dude.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

of course he is!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparklers for cakes are a great idea. You just have to get the right ones. Skylighter, www.skylighter.com, offers Birthday cake sparklers specially made for cakes that are virtually smokeless and made to be put in the cake. They do not leave iron or steel flakes on the cake like normal sparklers do. I suggest giving it another try with these. These things are wonderful.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also find the right birthday cake sparklers at a lot better price at sparklers.incyberspace.com. They offer 2 sizes - 4" & 5" The 5" lasts longer but the 4" is a lot better. They're like mini fountains on a cake! You should check out this site. You'll be glad you did cuz they have as good or better stuff at lots better prices. I got some here and was very happy with what I got and with their customer service.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home