Sunday, August 14, 2005

Never Again.

I love my mom and my family dearly, but I seriously doubt that I will ever attend the Jour de Fete in Ste. Genevieve again. True, this year I had the unfortunate displeasure of walking around in 95 degree weather while dealing with some sort of head cold. Therefore, I really couldn't drink the appropriate number of beers needed when running into old high school acquaintances and teachers.

And at least 2 people asked me if I was married.

I did get a porkburger and some kettle corn, so that was a plus.

Oh, and my youngest nephew ate some of that powder candy (which is really just sugar), which led to this adorable photo op:

Blue Baby 2

And some more pics:

Kim and Dylan 2

My nephew Dylan and sister-in-law Kim

Babriel

Baby Gabriel a.k.a. Babriel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim looks very LiLo in that photo.
I'd don't know about Jour de Fete. I can only handle it in small doses. The porkburger was worth it. I debated wearing a peasant top because it looked like is she or isn't she pregnant. I seriously didn't want to be asked that. I was having a low self esteem day.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Joe.
I really feel your pain when it comes to Jour de Fete. I reinacted there the past two years with the French Marines of Fort De Chartres, and although it was a lot of fun, somewhere between wearing heavy wool uniforms and children shooting soggy marshmallows(from the infamous plastic marshmallow blowguns) I nearly lost my mind. But hey, the Sainte Genevieve wine nearly makes up for it in my opinion. If you want to reply or somethin' my E-MAIL is ghost_of_chartres@yahoo.com

-Travis-

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home