Monday, August 22, 2005

Oh you silly, stupid pastime of mine


I requested to have the day off from work, so it makes sense that today would be cloudy and dreary. I asked off about a month ago, thinking that Miranda and I were going to stay at Harrah's after the Loretta Lynn concert. How was I to know that every room would be booked and that Miranda wouldn't be able to get off work anyway?

Still, it's nice to have a day of laziness to recuperate after such an eventful weekend.

Went to the Cardinals game Friday night. We left after the seventh or eighth inning. It was hot as hell and we were losing pretty badly. We didn't even listen to the game on the radio on the way home to find out the cards would come back in the ninth to win the game. I know, I know....I'm not a sports fan, so I shouldn't care. I just don't like missing things.

Miranda and Jon's going away party was awesome. My rotel dip was a hit, once again. It really is satisfying to see an empty crock pot at the end of the night, even though it's usually crusty and smelly.

Mike, Ben and I ended up on the back porch taking endless pictures of the moon. Yeah.

There was one uninvited guest, though: a snake. Scary.

The Loretta Lynn concert was Sunday in the parking lot of Harrah's, and she was wearing a giant, fluffy dress and complaining about how hot it was outside. She might be senile, people. She forgot a verse of "Van Lear Rose" and often sang the wrong song. She repeatedly told the band to "take it down half a key." Later, she spelled it out for them: "Not a whole key, a half key. H-a-l-f-e. Half."

She sang really well though. It was funny to see all the old ladies singing along to "Fist City" and "The Pill."

I bought a Loretta Lynn keychain.

Here are some pics:

finger

This is my friend Ben. He's shy and soft-spoken.

me and katie

Me and Katie.

moon

The Moon.

moon11

After we discovered that shaking the camera while taking a picture of the moon created weird effects, we amused ourselves for another 20 minutes. I fell asleep with all my clothes on that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home