Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I came to on a corner with some help from a man


I consider myself pretty music-savvy. If a band or artist that I love is recording a new album, I usually know about it. So imagine my surprise when I came across this today:




A new Cardigans album that I knew nothing about. Interesting.

Sure, "Lovefool" remains their most popular song. And yeah, their last CD Long Gone Before Daylight wasn't released in the U.S. until a full year after it came out in Europe. But I swear, this band still makes some amazing music. The new single is called "I Need Some Fine Wine and You, You Need to be Nicer," but this is my favorite song from the last CD, "Live and Learn."

Live and Learn - The Cardigans (you'll need iTunes)

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I know, it's a truly annoying song, and the fact that it's still played on Y98 and in grocery stores and bank lobbies isn't helping.

Their last two CDs are totally different sounding, I swear! Worth checking out.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Kristi Joy said...

If that Elphaba thing actually comes to pass, please tell me that somebody will be taking pictures! That should really be preserved for posterity. And me.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You'll want to check back here on Sunday. Also, the following blogs might have pictures and/or comments:

diaryofabloodray.blogspot.com
clipgirl.blogspot.com
angryblackbitch.blogspot.com
justin24601.blogspot.com
robthurman.com

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but WHEN is it coming out?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I think it comes out on October 24 or 21 (only overseas though, we'll have to order it on amazon or something).

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home