Monday, October 10, 2005

You're Siskel and I'M Ebert


Friday, October 7, 2005

Me: "Maybe I shouldn't have been so mean to him."
Her: "Maybe you shouldn't be so mean to anyone."

I have taken this advice to heart.

So wouldn't you know that the very next day, I encountered a total stranger that would test me?

Kenrick Theater. In Her Shoes (which I would recommend to anyone with a sister or gay brother) --

While watching those blurry-ass slides that advertise everything from real estate to (ironically) eyewear, my sister and I received bumps on the head from a woman's purse as she was taking her seat behind us. Quietly, calmly, I said, "You just hit us with your purse."

Woman with purse (sarcastically): "Oh, I am SO sorry."
Woman's friend: "What happened?"
Woman with purse: "Well, apparently, I hit these people with my purse, and this man is pointing it out to me, which is RUDE."


Call me crazy, but in some circles, isn't hitting someone on the head with your purse considered rude?

And who really knows if I would've said something back to her if I hadn't vowed to be nicer 24 hours earlier. We'll never know.

As for the movie -- based on the audience that attended the 4:30 showing, it seems to be attracting an older audience than the studio probably expected. I'm guessing it has to do with the appearance of Shirley Maclaine, as her lines received the biggest laughs throughout the movie. The studio behind the upcoming Rumor Has It should take notice of this.

Perhaps Bewitched should've done some advertising on 60 Minutes and in the pages of Parade or Reader's Digest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home