Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Way Things Are


When it comes to dating, there are few people that would say I know what I'm doing. Sometimes I pine after men for a long time before anything actually happens. Sometimes relationships just fall into my lap, and that's not a pun, even though I love puns.

Just the other night, I was asked by a woman what kind of guys I like. This is the same woman that asked me, "Do you think my husband is cute?" and later, "Do you think my husband is gay?" Based on all the questions she fired at me, I'd guess that I'm the first gay man she's ever met. But I digress.

I definitely don't have a type. I told her, "If you lined up all the guys I've dated, you'd see that they have nothing in common."

I dated a guy that was getting his PhD in molecular biology (or some bullshit like that). He took me up to his lab after hours once, and it was totally hot.

Way on the other end of the spectrum, I dated a guy that told me he set up corporate events. It turned out he was more like a glorified carny. Or is it "carnie?" I'm almost certain that he didn't even have his G.E.D.

At any rate, I'm not sure if it has to do with the wedding I attended this weekend, or the fact that my 27th birthday is approaching, but motherfucker, can i get some guy to take me out to dinner and/or a movie?? It doesn't even have to be a new movie. It could be, like, the dollar show. I'd see The 40 Year Old Virgin again. Like I said, I'm not picky.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not picky? Ha!
Remember looking online at hottie bears? You kept making fun of some of them and going "Ewww".
Some were cute.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...WHAT? Not picky?
You've got to be kidding me!
You write people off for all kinds of tiny reasons (so do I)! Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing because some of your guys that I've met are completely worthless. As a matter of fact, Bradley is the only one I ever thought truly deserved your friendship.
But, NOT PICKY? Perhaps you need to read back through your blog, say to July 24th when you wrote:

"For as long as I can remember, I haven't really taken relationships too seriously. I'm fickle. I dumped my first boyfriend in 2001 because he didn't call me on Saturday like he said he would.

The last time I had a "boyfriend" (which was well over a year ago, mind you), I dumped him because I thought he spent too much time on his cell phone when he was around me.

Truth be told, I guess I don't know what I want. Not like Blood Ray, who already knows that he wants a non-blonde Jewish cat-hater.

I know what I don't want, though."

However, the cell phone was a valid reason. That guy was ridiculous.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I meant it in the sense that I'll date anyone that shows interest in me. But yeah, then i'll end it for stuff like the cell phone thing, or if he doesn't call when he says he will.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home