Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Case Pending!



Blood Ray will tell you otherwise, but I'm in a grumpy mood for the following reasons:

1. Medicare Part D

This new plan is bullshit. NOBODY was prepared for this. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but old people don't like change. And how exactly is a senior citizen supposed to pick a plan when there are SIXTY different ones to choose from? The best way that I've found is to go to www.medicare.gov, but have you ever tried to explain to an eighty-year-old how to type in a web address? It's not fun.

I will tell you this: too many of my older customers have gone without their medicine for over a week and it's just sad. Plus, all the confusion has got me putting in overtime.

2. The Loading Zone

The bartender gave my debit card to a different show tune lover named Joseph. He took it to the doctor's office, the gas station, and Houlihan's before it got declined.

3. My Landlord

TOTALLY not sympathetic to my debit card situation, he refused to hold my rent check for just a couple of days until this shit gets straightened out. Plus, as my roommate likes to say, he has no social skills.

4. My boyfriend is out of town

I can't help it, I miss him.



Here's what's getting me through this:

1. Mario Party

Love it!

2. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

They crossed the line from totally annoying to insanely catchy about 18 hours ago.

3. First new Gilmore Girls of 2006

BFOTB! But Sherilyn Fenn, again? Really?

4. Jenny Lewis

I always thought I'd wait until January 24th to listen to her new CD, but I have no self-control. It's the best CD I've heard in years.


**And just for kicks, I found an old song by the Rentals, back when Maya Rudolph was playing keyboards and singing back-up.

I'm so jealous that she had Paul Thomas Anderson's baby, but anyway....

I just realized that she's responsible for so many of my favorite TV moments. We've got Glenda Goodwin, Pet Psychic Leilani Burke, Gemini's Twin. And let us not forget the classic performance of "The Shank."




The Rentals - "My Head is in the Sun"

1 Comments:

Blogger Hammer said...

Hey! You have a nice blog here! Love Maya Rudolph myself. She cracks my ass up and her voice...aaah. I like the opening to the "Gays in Space" skit! cracks me up!

Anyway, keep blogging...


Hammer (fellow STL blogger)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home