Sunday, January 29, 2006

Need the pay so please the boss


Until about three days ago, I didn't think changing jobs was such a huge deal. I've almost always left my old jobs on good terms, and would probably go out for a drink with any of my former bosses. But something's different this time.

When I gave my two weeks' notice on Friday, I heard the phrases "stabbed in the back," "you're an asshole," and my personal favorite, "You can forget about going to Aimee Mann with me on Tuesday."

It's a free country, yes, but my boss DID buy the tickets.

Oh, and I almost forgot this memorable exchange:

Him: "I wish you the best and I hope you're happy at your new job."

Me: "Do you mean that?"

Him: "No, I don't. But that's what one is supposed to say in a situation like this."


This next two weeks are so gonna be the best EVER!

Nellie McKay - "The Work Song"
Cibo Matto - "Working for Vacation"

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin24601 said...

Yikes....hang in there!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's crazy. You know that.
Falling asleep with his eyes open.
Going wherever he went for that week or so.
Pills falling out of his pockets in your car.

However, I think it's ridiculous that a headhunter called for him a couple months ago and he's pissed at you for leaving. He wanted to get out of that hell hole just as bad as you and he's just pissed that you did it first.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I'm sure it has something to do with WHERE i'm going to work next but still.... way harsh.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home