Monday, June 05, 2006

Im Himmel gibt's kein bier


Record hunting is my new favorite hobby. But for a store called Vintage Vinyl, they sure didn't have half the stuff on our list. Where else is there in STL for LPs?

New:

Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat (because apparently I won't be happy until I own it on every possible format)

Tilly and the Wall - Bottoms of Barrels*

Used:

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess*
Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections*
Abba - Greatest Hits
The Supremes - The Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland*

From the 99 cent section:

The Best of Burt Bacharach
Whitney Houston - Whitney
Original Cast Recording - Company
Ike and Tina Turner - Get Back!
Various Artists - German Beer-Drinking Music (featuring the hit "Hab' Ich Einen Durst")

*an asterisk denotes a selection made by Lukas

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joe! loving your vinyl obsession. i bought a turntable system a couple of christmases ago and am in love with it. my records primarily come from my folks' and grandparents' stashes, but i'm getting into buying more on my own these days. two nifty vinyl shops right up the street from the bloodray and me, along w/ a great one by miranda in wicker park -- reckless records.

now, for vinyl in da lou, ya got me!

let me know what you think of those supremes albums. they've been on my list to grab to find any chestnuts buried inside that didn't make a best of collection.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I think i've been to Reckless Records!

Someone told me to try Euclid Records here in STL.

I hear the Supremes playing in the other room right now... i think i'll check it out!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

We also bought a record by the Mamas and the Papas.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Shavita said...

Record Exchange on Hampton

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home