Saturday, June 24, 2006

My almost celebrity encounter

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for celebrities this summer. There's a movie being filmed in St. Louis called Bill (I just figured out how to italicize text on this Mac). On imdb.com, reports say that filming is taking place at the Galleria and some fancy country club in West County.

I daydream about running into Timothy Olyphant at the little bakery down the street. Or Aaron Eckhart jogging past me and Kaya in the park. Far-fetched, I know.

Yesterday, some grubby looking dude came into my pharmacy wanting a lot of five dollar bills. We gave them to him.

He came in an hour later for more fives. This time, we asked what he was doing with this money.

Him: "We're filming a movie down the street and it's a game that the crew has: Five Dollar Fridays."

Me: "You're working on Bill?

Him: "Yeah."

Me: "Is Jessica Alba there?"
JA_006

Him: "No, she's gone already."

Me: "What about Elizabeth Banks?"
70934_2

Him: "Yeah, she's there. She's cool."

Me: "Uh...Yeah!"

I thought knowing who Elizabeth Banks is would somehow get me on the set. Instead, the guy in the red t-shirt said, "Okay, thanks." Then he left. But knowing that celebrities could be nearby the pharmacy will help me get through my workdays.


Tomorrow, I'm going to PrideFest. If I'm lucky, I'll catch a glimpse of Morgan Fairchild, who is leading the parade. As far as Parents of Friends go, she's no Teri Garr (or even Christina Pickles). But she'll do.

And now, pictures of my niece sporting the George Washington:
DSC00194

And baby Wyatt driving his little car:
DSC00195

2 Comments:

Blogger Shavita said...

My friend Pam is in the movie. She got a speaking part I believe.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this movie does well, maybe more directors can shoot movies in St. Louis. It is affordable and has great architecture.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home