Sunday, August 20, 2006

For Valerie

Once upon a time, in a little town far, far away (okay, it's actually just 60 miles south of St. Louis on Hwy. 55), there was a video store called Plaza Video.

My sister and I were frequent renters there, and we also liked to put our names down on the poster list. If we particularly enjoyed a movie, we'd ask Barb, the manager, if we could have the poster when she was done with it.

Blind Date was one of our favorites, but I ended up with the poster on my wall. Valerie and I would laugh just looking at the poster, so you can imagine how entertaining the Blake Edwards movie was for us. We also might have been the only two people ever to enjoy A Fine Mess, but that's a different story for a different day.



Side note: after two months, I've finally fixed my computer. It's up and running, and I couldn't be happier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you watch the whole thing?

"Lakers down by one..."
*plop*

best part ever!!!

What about the poster for "Mermaids"??? That was on
your wall for a long time!
Do you remember me telling you there was a girl in my dorm who had a poster for "Liquid Assets" on her wall. I know you know the movie I'm referring to. :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home