Monday, October 02, 2006

Thoughts on the New Fall TV Season:


* Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Aaron Sorkin would probably think that I don't take my job seriously because I don't walk around a building all day, talking quickly to anyone who happens to be within earshot. And I guess he'd be right.

Sidenote: Sarah Paulson (who is only 30???) is a lesbian, right?

Lauren Graham will guest star in a few episodes, and I'm sure she'll fit in perfectly. Which leads me to . . .

* Gilmore Girls

No, I don't have evidence that backs up my "This is the last season" claim, but it just feels like it. Hopefully, this show doesn't do that Friends thing where they somehow work out a last minute deal to keep the show going for a few more painfully unfunny seasons. Seeing as how show-runners Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino are already gone, I'm guessing the Last Episode Ever will coincide with Rory's graduation from Yale.

I've read some bad reviews for this season, but I've got no complaints so far. Well, maybe one...I need more Emily.

* Project Runway

So all four get to compete at Fashion Week? What a rip-off. Although, honestly, I don't know who I wanted to get the boot last week. I can't stand Jeffrey, but I might like his clothes better than anyone else's. Everything Laura designs looks like it comes from Madonna's video for "Vogue."

* The Office

Who is Jim's hot new boss? I love him.

I don't think I understood the joke from last week about Angela and the flies. Can someone explain it to me?

* SNL

Not funny. Maybe it's because I can't stand the sight of Dane Cook, but after watching the show's 930th season premiere, I felt....different. It's the first time I felt like I could take the show or leave it. Here's a thought -- what if Saturday Night Live is cancelled, but the two SNL-inspired series live on? Freaky.

* How I Met Your Mother

I only know two other people that watch this show (shout-out to David and Alan), but it's one of my favorites. I can't believe I have a crush on Doogie Howser. Why did it have to be Dustin "Screech" Diamond instead of him??

I haven't watched Ugly Betty or 30 Rock yet. And how upset would you be if you worked on Scrubs? Five seasons and multiple Emmy nominations and NBC waits until mid-season to air new episodes? What the frick?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out. Did you catch "Brunch" that aired on Monday, October 2, 2006? Pretty hilarious. I never knew that calves on a man were so sexy until I saw this episode. I think you need to by Dr. Lukas a pair of zip-off pants/shorts to expose his calves!

When did Mr. Keaton from "Family Ties" get so old? It made me long for Tina Yothers.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I spelled "buy" incorrectly. My apologies.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I did watch "Brunch." Lukas kept talking about how GREAT the dad from Family Ties looks these days. He's into silver foxes, I guess.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazyratshaker is me.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Shavita said...

I too love me some Alec Baldwin. He is so funny. I never thought of him as funny until he did SNL a few years ago and then was on that Friends episode. Good stuff. Bring on the Baldwin Comedy!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Blood Ray: Yes, NBC did that to Scrubs last year, too. (I didn't watch it before that, so I'm not sure about previous years.)

I'm also hoping tonight's episode will be Emily-centric.

I liked Sarah Paulson a lot in Down With Love. I should put that on netflix again.

Shavita: I enjoyed Alec Baldwin in Friends, and even more so in Will and Grace.

Mink/Rat: Where did the new name come from?
Studio 60 has some pretty good ratings so far. I'm predicting a three-year run. What else would there be for Matthew Perry to do? The Whole 11 Yards? Hey, Amanda Peet's in those movies, too!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

But up until the fight, did you think the Asian theme was cute? I kinda did. I thought the first half of the episode was just bad.

I also said to Lukas, "Where is this giant grocery store and why wouldn't they go there more often?" Especially since Taylor is a total jackass to EVERYONE!

Lane's whole story line just sucks. First of all, I hate Zach, I can't believe they got married. And yeah, she's becoming more and more like her mother.

I secretly hope she gets an abortion next week.

Sounds like Emily will return next week. I heard Lorelai mention it in the preview.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home