Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week in Review

It's been a pretty crappy week for me, I won't lie. While Blood Ray and Mink were rubbing elbows with Jennifer Hudson at the Chicago premiere of Dreamgirls (i'm jealous!), Lukas and I were freezing in our apartment while our furnace was on the fritz. Plus, I spent, like, 300 dollars on getting the car window fixed. Work totally sucked. And we were locked out of the car on Thursday.


But we survived not just this week, but our first year together. Happy anniversary, Sweetpea. There's no one else I'd rather freeze to death with.


I think I quickly glossed over the Regina Spektor show the other night. Words can't describe how adorable and talented this woman is.

And quirky. Let's not forget quirky. When someone yelled out, "What's your favorite candy?" she replied, "Olives." And then something about being an eastern-European Jew.


Last weekend, we attended a viewing party for Genoa's appearance on CSI:NY. I didn't watch the whole thing, but here's how it turned out:


Genoa on CSI:NY


The next night, we saw Shut Up and Sing, the documentary about the Dixie Chicks and the fallout after Natalie's comments. It was amazing. Some guy with Tourette's kept yelling stuff through the entire thing. The only time it was funny was after a former DC fan said, "Dixie Chicks albums are garbage," and he yelled, "So are you, Bitch!"

And what is it about outspoken female performers that make me want to copy them (at least when it comes to black fashion accessories?)


Natalie Maines



1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

thanks. this week be better, i'm sure.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home