Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am a southpaw

This year for Christmas, I received The Left-Hander's Calendar. It's full of fun facts about left-handed people, like Benjamin Franklin, Mahatma Gandhi, and Ian Ziering of TV's Beverly Hills, 90210.

Each day, I get a new fact about Lefties. For instance, did you know that Sarah Jessica Parker is left-handed?

You did?

Well, did you also know that her character on Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw, is also left-handed? The calendar claims that Episode 64 ("Ring A Ding Ding") includes a scene where "Carrie" signs her apartment mortgage papers with her LEFT hand.

Oh really, The Left-Hander's Calendar? I guess it's possible that SJP sat down with Darren Star and said, "I truly envision my character as being left-handed," but most likely she didn't want to learn writing the words "Carrie Bradshaw" with her right hand.

Oh, The Left-Hander's Calendar, I can' t stay mad at you. After all, if it weren't for you, I would have completely forgotten that January 14 is Jason Bateman's birthday.

I doubt that a big-time movie star like Jason Bateman ever Googles himself, but if he does, I hope he'd spend a few minutes at my blog. I wished him luck after his throat surgery. I mourned the loss of Arrested Development (twice).

And while I'm on the subject of Jason Bateman (which is about 35% of the time), why do we have the internet if it can't provide me with shirtless pictures of Jason Bateman? I can download any song or video or movie. I can upload novelty songs about my dog (who is being a total bitch, by the way). But I can't find a picture of Jason Bateman at the beach? Come on!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been my experience that left-handed people generally have more interesting penmanship.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Shavita said...

I am so glad that you took the time to mention Ian with Ben and Ghandi. He really was the least talked about on the show, and you've now given him the respect he deserves.

By the way...Jason Bateman? Really?

4:19 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yes, Jason Bateman. Totally.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a crush on him since Teen Wolf Too.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only love Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth. When I see him outside of the show I think, "You don't look right. Change your clothes and fix your hair."

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home