Monday, February 12, 2007

Another post about the Dixie Chicks.

Yes, I think the Grammy awards are meaningless. Every year I watch, and every year I think, "My God, just give them all to Norah Jones and be done with it."

But the truth is -- the winners see their album sales boosted almost immediately, and I couldn't be happier that my bitches the Dixie Chicks won all five categories they were nominated for. If any album deserves to sell 10 million copies, it's Taking the Long Way. (Right now, it's at about 2 million or so).



However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Chicks don't see a post-Grammy sales bump on next week's Billboard chart. People sure can hold a grudge, can't they?


In the "Didn't That Happen in an Episode of The Cosby Show?" category comes the story of my Valentine's Day present. Lukas found a vinyl copy of the Dreamgirls cast recording . . . the same item I was bidding on. At any rate, it has found a home on Gibson Ave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home