Friday, February 02, 2007

mp3 post.

I recently discovered that "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" is more than just the title of a throwaway "Xander episode" of Buffy the Vampire Slayer -- it's a Rodgers and Hart song. I found this out when I saw The History Boys a few weeks ago.

In the film, a young boy played by Samuel Barnett (pictured) sings the song to his fellow classmate. It's adorable.



Samuel Barnett - "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"

Another version plays over the end credits --

Rufus Wainwright - "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"


While I'm on the subject of Rufus, this Mika character seems to be getting a lot of coverage lately, but no one really talks about how he's a Rufus-ripoff.

Still, "Grace Kelly" is a great song, even if it does remind me of Rufus Wainwright's debut single "April Fools."

Mika - "Grace Kelly"


As for music by straight people, I just got Lily Allen's Alright, Still in the mail yesterday and I'm obsessed with this U-Myx software. It allows you to mix a couple of Lily's songs and I can't stop messing with it.



You can listen to my mix by clicking on the play arrow:


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've just seen the History Boys and have searched everywhere for Rufus Wainwright - "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"... can't access P2P on campus at my university and noticed you had a copy posted... but the link's expired!!

Is there *any* chance you could email me it? I would be grateful forever!!! It's:

w dot s dot walker at warwick dot ac dot uk

(that's .ac.uk at the end!)

Sorry, I know this is really cheeky but I'm desperate for that song! Even searched iTunes to buy it!!!!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I have the same problem as wes. Can you also mail me the link to that song? Please. I would be really greatful.

hypercoolmike@yahoo.com

4:25 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am afraid I am in the same bought as the others. I loved this song in the movie more than just about anything, and I would love to have the version Samuel Barnett sang.

anna.katherine@gmail.com, if you can. Thank you!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home