Thursday, May 03, 2007

But above all this, I wish you love.

It's official. Gilmore Girls is ending.

Sources said Thursday that an offer had been put on the table for the show's two stars -- Lauren Graham and her TV daughter Alexis Bledel -- to return for an eighth season, but an agreement could not be reached.

The show, which debuted on WB Network in 2000 and this season became part of the CW's inaugural schedule, will have its series finale at May 15.

As much as I've bad-mouthed the Sherman-Palladino-free current season, I'm sad to see it go. I guess my feelings changed after watching this week's episode, where it was revealed that Lorelai can really sing.



Anyone have an mp3?

In other music happenings, Feist's new CD The Reminder was released. It's easily my favorite of the year. I've been making copies for anyone who wants it, even though it's only 7.99 at Best Buy this week. Buy it! If you don't, though, you could always ask for one of my homemade copies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people turn to Walter Scott for their celebrity news, but I turn to you. I hadn't heard this yet, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's gonna suck so bad unless they planned for it. This last season blew. I kind of hate this show now.

Now that ASP (and Punjab!) is gone, will we ever know what those last words were supposed to be?

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw this posting on a tv blog and I thought of you!

One of the big reasons why Gilmore Girls is not returning for an eighth season is because Warner Brothers and the CW reportedly could not come to terms on new contracts for both Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. So, it's not a big surprise to hear that Graham is not sorry to see the show go gently into that good night.

In fact, she told Newsweek as much in this week's issue. "I think it's the best decision for the show," she told the magazine. "One of the things Alexis and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can't be." (Update: Graham also spoke to TVGuide.com's Mike Ausiello about the show's end.)
Both stars are looking to do more movies, with Graham getting a little further along (Bad Santa, Because I Said So, Evan Almighty) than her young co-star. And she's been pretty forthright in the past about her discomfort with certain events that surrounded the show, from creator Amy Sherman-Palladino's departure to the season six storyline that kept her and Bledel apart for the first half of the season.

This leads me to believe that getting an eighth season was going to be nearly impossible from the start; Graham especially seemed like she was done with the grind and wanted to do something different. So, for those blaming the CW for not bringing the show back (I'm not one of them; I think the show ran one season too long), you really should send your complaints to Graham and Bledel.

(from tvspy.com)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home