Monday, May 28, 2007

Limecrete, you might not wanna read this....

I'm used to seeing news anchors and Cardinals and such at my job, but nothing had prepared me for Saturday's events.

I glanced up and thought, "That looks a lot like Jennifer Westfeldt. Nah, couldn't be."

Before I go any further, let me add that Kissing Jessica Stein (which she co-wrote and starred in) is easily one of my favorite comedies of all time -- maybe number 2 or 3.



Okay, so I finally walk up to her and say, "Um, is your name Jennifer?"

"Yes," she said.



"Oh my God, I just want to say that I've seen Kissing Jessica Stein a hundred times it's one of my favorites and I'm a huge fan."

"Oh, thanks, that is so sweet."

...At least I think that's how it went. It's kind of a blur. My heart was beating fast and I got the shakes because I was so nervous. I didn't get a chance to tell her that I even rented How to Leave Your Lover (a straight-to-dvd movie that she starred in) just because she was in it.

Or that I tivo'd Notes From the Underbelly this season because she's the star of the show.

The second cutest thing I saw in the pharmacy this weekend?

Roxie!

DSC00758

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophie Tucker'll shit, I know!

I'm glad she was nice to you. She was in Wonderful Town with Donna Murphy and Donna Murphy played Phyllis in the Follies concert I saw in February. And Donna Murphy was at the table behind me at a restaurant after the show.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Limecrete said...

What? I don't dislike her! Just her speaking voice in Kissing Jessica Stein. I saw a little bit of Notes From the Underbelly, and she didn't bug me at all (especially since that show has Melanie Deanne Moore, who is like an irritation magnet).

It's cool that you got to bump into a celebrity that you admire. The only ones I've ever spoken with were ones I didn't really care about one way or the other.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home