Friday, March 21, 2008

I Dream and That's a Fact

It's been brought to my attention that I don't update that often, and that is correct.

Therefore, I intend to rectify this situation by offering a sort-of Week In Review.


Ste. Genevieve --

My dreams almost came true when I got an almost-kiss from Jeremy. Miranda and I think he is totally dreamy. And he's sooooo nice.

S7301068


Bowling Update --

Our team played the second-ranked team, and we won 2 out of 3 games. Not too shabby for The Gutter Punkz. On the other hand, I noticed that I am the lowest-scoring bowler on the lowest-ranked team in our Big Gay Bowling League. Ouch.


Favorite New Ringtone --

The theme music to Benny Hill.


Favorite Music Moment --

For the fortieth week in a row, it's that part in Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage" when all the instruments come in at once and blow you away.

Second Favorite Music Moment --

The part in Heidi Montag's "Higher" when the song ends and she whisper-asks "Am I dreaming?" and then there are these weird zapping sounds.


Best Purchase of the Week --



At 99 cents for 8 minutes and thirty seconds of music, it really just boils down to simple economics, people. Although thanks to WavePad, I've made a mix-cd-friendly "Radio Edit."


Best Almost Purchase of the Week--



Sure, I'd wear it to Alan's 80's-themed birthday party, but let's face it -- I'd probably wear it a thousand times after that.


How I Know Spring Has Arrived--

There are a zillion more protesters outide of Planned Parenthood, and I'm 95 percent sure I saw one urinating through the gate onto a parked car.


Letdown of the Week--

The Return of Jezebel James. I'm gay, I love Parker Posey, I love Lauren Ambrose, and I loved Gilmore Girls. If I hated this show, there is no hope for survival. The least they could do is lose the laugh track.


My New Favorite Game --

"Dog Pee, Vinegar, or Indian Food?" It goes like this -- before I get on the elevator in my building, I predict what smell will greet me when the doors open -- dog pee, vinegar, or Indian food? I'm actually really good at this game.

8 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Tegan said...

I just wanted to add that Jeremy's wife is super-awesome. I mean, TWO pizzas at 3AM!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Okay, I'll comment quickly: Your face in that pic = adorably hysterical! Your music moments = awesome selections. That shirt = totally 80s and perfect for you; you should have bought it. Your new game = me laughing so hard I almost peed myself. I have had a blah Sunday so thanks.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Jeremy's wife IS super-awesome! You forgot the part where she drove me to the gas station to get cigarettes!

Karen - glad I could help with the blahs. Also, we're starting preparations for the 80s party. get excited!

6:47 AM  
Blogger K said...

I am going to shamelessly steal this format and use it in my blog. don't sue me for violating your intellectual property.

2:00 PM  
Blogger V.Rood said...

Helllllllloooo....the Benny Hill theme song has a name. "Yakkity Sax" remember??? Get it together, girlfriend.

8:20 PM  
Blogger K said...

omg Yakkity Sax. that made me laughed so hard, my belly hurts.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought ur new ring tone was gonna be tte chick that lexf the "dont u done be up there text'n me fo sho" voice mail to me

10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That shirt would have been perfect to wear! I don't have anything to wear to Alans. I'll have to go to goodwill again or find a flannel shirt in someone's closet.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home